Evidence – Marriage


To prove that the marriage between a sponsor and an applicant is real and ongoing, U.S. immigration agencies look for evidence such as:

  • Documentation of joint ownership of property
  • A lease showing dual tenancy of a common residence
  • Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources
  • Birth certificates of children born to the sponsor and the applicant