Both the affidavit of support and the immigrant visa fees must be paid online. The online payment system require them to be paid separately.
You will need to go to the Department of State portal with the following information from the fee letter (Welcome Letter) that you received from NVC:
- Case Number
- Invoice Identification Number
As far as the Affidavit of Support fee is concerned:
- The fee is $120
- In general, you are paying one affidavit of support fee per I-130 submitted;
- For example, a U.S. citizen sponsoring his brother, the principal applicant, who is married with two children (the derivative applicants), will pay only one affidavit of support fee;
- However, if you are a U.S. citizen sponsoring your spouse and/or children, and they are concurrently in process at NVC, then you pay only one affidavit of support fee even if multiple I-130s are filed.
Keep in mind the following:
- All payments must be made in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank, and no bank from outside the United States can be used.
- Fees must be paid to NVC using the online Immigrant Visa Invoice Payment Center, and cannot be submitted to the embassy or consulate.
- NVC cannot accept fee payments over the phone.
- The Department of State will not automatically send you notification that your payment was successfully completed
- Immigrant Visa Fee payments will appear as NVC IV FEE on your bank statement