Both the affidavit of support and the immigrant visa fees must be paid online. The online payment system require them to be paid separately.
Each green card applicant must pay the immigrant visa fee.
You will need to go to the Department of State portal with the following information from the fee letter (Welcome Letter) that you received from NVC:
- Case Number
- Invoice Identification Number
Keep in mind the following:
- All payments must be made in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank, and no bank from outside the United States can be used.
- Fees must be paid to NVC using the online Immigrant Visa Invoice Payment Center, and cannot be submitted to the embassy or consulate.
- NVC cannot accept fee payments over the phone.
- The Department of State will not automatically send you notification that your payment was successfully completed
- Immigrant Visa Fee payments will appear as NVC IV FEE on your bank statement